Friday 31 December 2010

We are the Mighty, the Mighty Kopites!!

This Blog, or website, is about the phenomenon that is the Mighty Kopites. The term Mighty Kopites is taken from a moniker assigned to the football club Liverpool, and is sung in many of the songs sang by the fans, as well as being an overall term for the supporters themselves.

Being one of these loyal fans, Mighty Kopites was a term that had a lot of resemblance and so I started using it many years ago when registering Fantasy Football teams on various websites and newspapers, and since have used it on online football manager games, had it printed on football shirts, and even use it as a name for my 5 aside football team.

Although it is a popular term given to the worldwide support of Liverpool, it is one that is used very infrequently, so much so that even when I Google the saying, the majority of the results returned are for my things, such as the fantasy football teams etc. This gives me a great sense of pride and even a feeling of ownership.

This Blog will cover the many various ways in which I use the term Mighty Kopites and to document the success with each item.

No comments:

Post a Comment